I purge my closet about twice a year to remove things that don’t make me feel good or that look ratty. I thought I would share with you what I do after I’m done with an article of clothing to minimize the environmental impact. Here are some options:
- Think about if you can wear this item for another situation (ex: working out, painting, getting messy, etc)
- Sell/Donate any lightly used clothing to thrift stores that could be worn again
- Repurpose any clothing in your own life (ex: make a quilt, dish rag, stuffing for a pillow, bag). Be creative!
- Repair any clothing if possible to wear again
- Minimize the amount being thrown away by only discarding the section of each piece that can not be reused in some way and save/use/donate the rest
There are probably other ideas out there about what to do with your used clothing but these are the five options that I use in my own life. Hope this helps!